Tuesday 5 January 2016

New Year more films part ii










 Sooo the 4th film I watched this year was 'Deep End 1970' my friend Matt was watching it and Id thought id give it a go. An odd one in that psycho sexual uncomfortable genre which I must admit love so much. Its about a young boy he's seventeen and begins working in a local swimming bars and falls in love with a women who works there who's engaged and will do anything to ruin their relationship, don't get me wrong she plays her part too intact I think she's even warped than the boy. I find it so weird when I watch these films that without the internet people even made films so warped with such feelings that I can relate to and enjoy watching. A disturbing but altogether an enjoyable film to watch and pretty hilarious too.



Again if you know me you know that I love the swimming pool aesthetic in films and photographs and green tones in films its used pretty frequently in films within the seventies with neutral tones and within their colour palettes.



I watched Chet Bakers biopic film called 'Lets Get Lost' its pretty self explanatory really its about his life and interviews people have given about him and so you kinda get a feel for what kind of person he was I really enjoyed it as I love his music also.




I watched 'Midnight Cowboy' I asked for it for christmas and wow was this a heavy film to watch. Again for the time the shots are absolutely out of this world and there aren't enough credit or film stills not he internet to show you how beautifully deep this film was. Cinematically its excellence is beyond this world. I had a hard time finding out what happened to him as a child, Im sure he suffered from some child hood trauma. Im pretty sure it was something sexual and then later in life involving his girlfriend I believe.







I was ill when watching this So I was having a hard time on concentrating. The dialogue and story line was so intriguing. I adore dustin Hoffman although I wanted to throttle his character, I just couldn't stand him. I got so frustrated with Jon Voight's character. It was incredible noticing Jolie's facial expressions too and where she gets her incredible ability from. His character was so fragile and child like yet and so complex at the same time. I loved all the characters and costumes throughout the film the set design and soundtrack absolutely out of this world. So much love for the whole anatomy of this film and definitely had a psycho sexual tension to it also.





No comments:

Post a Comment