Monday 29 June 2015

Ladies and Gentlemen the Fabulous Stains

'Ladies and Gentlemen the Fabulous stains'-1982







 Directed by Lou Adler the famous record producer. Starring the beautiful Diane lane who I love as an actress. I think every cinephile goes through a Diane Lane stage I remember first watching her in 'RumbleFish' by Francis Ford Coppola opposite Matt Dillon the pair are in a few great films together.







I remember first watching this film at fourteen and instantly wanting to act like Corrine Burns or should I say third degree burns. I wanted to be just as rebellious, loud and have the exact bitchy witty attitude that she had. Her iconic signature style, I mirrored with the big black eye liner and red wings arrowing over her big eyes. I wore the black bra, green blazer and red beret to match and bitchin behaviour whilst boys made stupid remarks and called them excuse my french 'Cunt' as she calls Ray Winstone whilst taking over his spotlight.



Yes the famous Winstone who Starr's alone side Lane is a famous British actor famous for 'Quadrophenia'. He falls for Corrine whilst she supports his band with hers while on tour across America. As her band 'The Fabulous Stains' tour, they grow a bigger support bases than Winstone's and he gets jealous and she stills his songs after sleeping with him. Its great to see the roles reversed in films and for the eighties was probably ground breaking. A young teenage girl setting the scored cursing, teaching feminism with her punk rock ways and showing everybody how she can kick ass and fool boys around. When usually the roles are reversed when portrayed in films of that time.

This film had an enormous effect on me and like many films influence me you kind of take on mini aspects of characters you admire their style or sayings which in this film is many brilliant quotes I revised and remember.

This film is a 9/half out of ten and you should watch is asap especially if your a teenage girl who wants a bad ass influence and some style inspiration or you wanna see and hear some punk rock music and attitude.

P.S: Also in the film is the stunning Paul Simonon from the Clash

No comments:

Post a Comment