Thursday 16 April 2015

Electricity - Review

Electricity-review


First of all I must say I was a fan of Aygness Deyn from her modelling days and how unique she was and how she stuck out from the crowd (plus her Dr marten collection is the best).  I was unaware that her acting abilities would be so pure and intense. I believe the film was set in Northan England. The story surrounds a young women Lily (Deyn), who searches for her brother Mikey played by Christian Cooke (Cemetery Junction, Unconditional love). As she struggles to find her brother (who was taken away when they were both young) while she wrestles with her epilepsy. Reality becomes blurred and warped as she goes through her painfully, frustrating episodes.



 I believe the film has been inspired to be a modern English social realist depiction of "Alice in wonderland" Agyness Deyns character even makes a reference to it in the film. Along the way her friend Al (a mad hatter like character) reassures her, she also meets Mel played by the talented Lenora Crichlow (known for sugar Rush) who becomes her friend and also encourages along her journey of rediscovery the way in which the white witch does in 'Through the looking glass'.  The films landscapes are beautiful and the dialogue was pressing and spunky.



I really loved the outfits in which Deyn's character would wear often very vibrant when having an episode but very simplistic at the same time, it really said a certain mood for the scenes ahead. I wont reveal the ending other than that the performances were electric and my favourite scenes were when reality and her episodes collided as the visuals were very unusual to what I had expected.





No comments:

Post a Comment