Sunday 5 April 2015

Trailer review/ film anticipation - THE GOOB

'The Goob' - Trailer Review



'The Goob' as soon as I heard and watched the trailer for this film. I instantly new it was going to be one of the films at my top of my to go see list this year. The colours and themes very similar to the beautifully talented directors of www.somesuch.co. The film is set in Norfolk and surrounding topics of social realism. Social realist is a theme I'm very aware of and fond of in a film. It portrays the gritty reality of a lot of peoples lives and the people surrounding them like myself. Films such as the 'Selfish Giant', 'Fishtank' and 'Catch me Daddy' who portray their story's with such beauty and truth and execute them with such passion and force.






Every website I have visited  are comparing the film as the new 'Gummo' and although that's an incredible film to be related too I just don't see it. I know I haven't seen the film as of yet but 'The Goob' seems much more realistic and of gritty nature where as Korine's 'Gummo' is humorous and yet gritty but in a completely different way. As soon as I watched the trailer I was gripped and new that this film is going to be all things adventurous, wild and enlightening. The colour pallet from what I saw from the trailer was everything I crave in films. Personally its one aspect that makes a film so unique and exciting. The film has already had some screenings but isn't set to be released until May the 27th my birthday which gives me something new too see and look forward too. With a fresh new talent casted with displaying such character within their expressions (in the trailer) makes the film even more distinctive and eccentric.  I can't expand any further, other than I'm extremely anticipating 'The Goob' as it looks exactly what a crave within a film.




Im going to be following up on the film until then and so can you:
https://www.facebook.com/thegoobmovie/timeline
https://twitter.com/thegoobmovie
http://www.ifeatures.co.uk/the-goob4.html
Vimeo trailer: https://vimeo.com/121448648




No comments:

Post a Comment